Saturday, February 8, 2014

IN THE KITCHEN

This morning I decanted the furniture oil.. did I tell you about it.  I made a surface cleaner from orange peel and vinegar.  When I had decanted that (it looked beautiful, and worked as well as any from Coles), I was loathe to throw away the vinegar imbued peel, so I put some olive oil into the jar and a few drops of camphor essential oil, and now I also have a cleaning/polishing oil for my woodwork.  Beacuse the base is vinegar it is not sticky and doesn't attract dust as some oils and beeswax polishes can, and gives a beautiful "lasting shine".

Now is the time of the year to eat light meals, and start clearing out the body in preparation for winter.  The insects are already harvesting the bounty of summer, and looking a head, and we should too.  Don't go overboard on the fruit and fruit juices, remember they are laden with sugar.  Suits some people, not others.

Those of you who have done yoga with Cuba and me over the past few months will remember that Cuba has developed a real snore.  This happens all the time.  Chihuahuas have the problem and hers has gotten worse over summer.  I think I have solved it.  I put salt in her water (to rehydrate), rub peppermint oil on her gums and camphor oil under her chin - about three times a day and bed time.  It has made a startling difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment