Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT

I have never thought of a blog as a newsletter or media at all (duh!).  It took a thwack on the side of the head (metaphorically speaking) for me to see it this way.  In future I am going to have you see the yoga news that I see, and there is lots that goes across my desk.  I will also report on a more regular basis.  We will have topic headings which correlate to my other blog sites (I won't shut them down quite yet, but I will do all my reporting ON THIS SITE ONLY).  I am learning.

Was listening to a fantastic story on Radio National this morning about a one-armed saxaphone player, and I thought about yoga (it's never far from my mind).  In spite of losing his arm to cancer, this guy didn't let the loss thwart his music or his love, he had such a tender passion for his craft.  I hope that I sound like him when I talk about yoga.  I do believe that when you have a passion for yoga, yoga will have a passion for you.  Where the mind goes, the man follows.  If you don't have passion, if you don't have abundance, where is your mind!  There is only one thing you have to change - you!

If you have a headache and just put the tablet on top of your head it won't fix anything.  You have to swallow it, and the pill in some sense has to become part of  you.  In order to work, yoga too has to become part of you.

Talking about things becoming part of you, how are you at baking?  I use the microwave and make mine in minutes.... The Macedon Ranges Sustainability Group is holding their annual festival this coming weekend.  I think they are low on cakes and sweet things and have sent out a call for help.  This is one of the biggest sustainability festivals on our yearly calendar, and draws people for all over the Shire.  Phone 0448 992 852 (Elvira Earthstar) if you can help.  I know this is short notice but hey, you can help I am sure - guys too.

My Bees are getting a bit of notice. Once you have bees you notice "bee things".  The Huffington Post had a great article I have attached.  I urge you to read it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-reese-halter/australian-honeybees-unable-to-make-honey_b_4670475.html

Here's a n easy-peasy honey recipe...

HONEY LIP BALM
t tablespoons beeswax,  2 tablespoons shea butter, 1 tablespoon of both cocnut and almond oil, and 1 dessertpsoon of pure honey.  If you have VitE capsules, squeeze the contents from one capsule into the mix.  Directions:  In a double boiler melt beeswaxslowly.  Add She butter and wait for it to melt, then add the coconut oil and the almond oil.  Sir until melted and combined.  Add the honey and mix well.  Place in litttle tins or empty lip balm tubes until colled.  Then you can use it.  Please wait until it has cooled.

To help the bees in your garden, plant a small section with "bee plants" - Bee Balm, Borage, Hostas and Echinacias are great for a start (Leave a patch of dendelions too.  You can use the leaves for tea, and the bees get the flowers).  Don't think the bees are out to get you.  They only sting when threatened, and once they sting, they die.  They are not going to sacrifice themselves easily.

OUR NEW YOGA TEACHER TRAINING CLASS (On-Site), with me is starting in April.  There will be a one day a week class (This can be negotiated if you work), and the rest will be done via home study.  The class will start as 200 hour certificate, and then with just a little extra study can be extended into a 500hr qualification.  

Because the class will be guided by me personally and you will be seeing me weekly, I extimate that with a little bit of discipline you will be able to graduate at a 500hr level before the end of the year.  This of course depends on your application and hard work, this course is self pacedonce-only course with Jahne is  $3,545.   If you are already enrolled as a Teacher Training student you can upgrade to this if you would like to take part.  Please email me if you are interested  yogafirst@netcon.net.au
.  The cost for this

Students, teachers, try all the yoga you can, experience everything you can.  Brisbane Kundalini Yoga is holding a Master Class for teachers and older students directed by Yogi Aftab who learned directlly from Yogi Bajan.  Aftabs years of wisdom and compassion will be evident through this class whilst he takes the participants on a journey of integrating the intellect into the space of the heart.  www.brisbanekundaliniyoga.com

Teaching mums pre and post natal yoga is a special skill, and not many teachers are able or prepared to dedicate their studio soley to this, but Mamashanti in Hepburn (a private studio 10 minutes from Daylesford, Victoria, and North Fitzroy Melbourne) are one such studio.  They are holding their wonderful Active Birth Clinics, Casual Yoga for pregnancy and birth Classes.  If you can get along to the Shantimama postnatal workshops, I would encourage you to do so.  This is one of the few studios that caters exclusively for pre and post natal yoga.  Active birth workshops, fundamentals - mums, it's time to nurture yourself. shantinina@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment