Monday, February 10, 2014

ALL IN A DAYS WORK

For those who think I have a charmed life.  These last few days have been particularly difficult, and I am not sure I know where they are leading (but I am happy to go there).    Share them with me...

First my new modem ceased to function, then the new one followed.  It took almost a whole day to recognise and fix the problem, thankfully the modem was still under warranty..

The when I updated my Adobe, the plug-ins wouldn't work.

...and Debbies computer refused to work.

It took some time to isolate the problem because our tecchies were out fighting the fires (that had been deliberately lit it seems).  Mt.Macedon was closed down so forget the emergency caffeine!

Then the car door refused to close - if my car door doesn't close, the light doesn't go off, and a flat battery is not far away.  Luckily the wonderful guys at Kyneton Toyota dicovered the problem and fixed it in no time, for a token cost (and loads of charm, and who doesn't like that!).  They are like that.  I am thinking of making them my car's Godparents.  They even remember her birthday!

Then my washing machine decided this was the day to die.

At least everything is fixable, achievable, and do'able.  I should be very happy about that.

Everybody I dealt with was very patient,  charming and thankfully very good at what they did.  Thanks to Glosters in Kyneton, Kyneton Toyota, David at Kyneton Computers, Peter Bartolo and Josh from Melton computers (the modem suppliers).  They just did the things the wonderful Buddhist way - "this too shall pass".

I think the universe wants me to stay home and paint - and I am willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment